Monday, August 10, 2015

Summer Beauty Secrets

When the weather is hot, humid, and sticky I tend to stick to a simpler makeup routine. I hate going outside in the summer and literally feeling the makeup sliding off my face! For my makeup, I stick to natural skin, strong brows, and defined lashes- the 3 areas of my face that are the most important to me. Here's a few of my favorite, most-used, "actually works" products.


Chanel All-In-One Healthy Glow Fluide- I only recently discovered this product after having a technician apply it on me at the Chanel counter. It's such a light weight product and feels as if you're not wearing any face makeup (if you even want to call it that) at all. It leans towards the skincare side instead of the makeup side actually-it's a tinted serum! Basically it evens out my skin tone and any redness on my face, but it doesn't provide a lot of coverage- which I'm fine with in the summer. It also smells great, and has SPF 15 (a foundation must for me).  

Chanel Eyebrow Pencil- Another recent aqquisition of mine during a trip to Nordstrom. I struggle with my eyebrows because they're a weird shape and color. I can't tell if mine are dark or light!!! I was using the Anastasia brow wiz pencil before this one, but it wasn't really the right shade for my brows. This pencil molds to your specific color if you're somewhere in the middle between dark and light like me. I use short strokes to fill in the sparce areas, which mimics actual brow hairs. Then, I'll use the spoolie attached to the other side of the pencil and brush through my brows. Voila! Bold yet natural looking brows. 

Milani Clear Brow Gel- This one is a necessary step for me, but isn't for everyone. Clear brow gel is essentially clear mascara, and holds your eyebrows in place all day. Mine tend to go astray and the pencil sometimes wears off throughout the day. But with this, it keeps everything locked in tight. The best part about the gel is that it's super cheap. You can find it in any CVS/drugstore. 

The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzer- Funny story about this bronzer: I had wanted it for so long, but you could only buy it in a Body Shop store, or order it online. There were no stores near me, and I didn't want to pay the hefty shipping costs for only one item. When I was on my class trip in DC, I spotted a Body Shop store while we were passing through Union Station; now was my chance to finally buy it!!! I ended up pretty much dragging my friends into the store so I could get the bronzer- mission accomplished! I have never looked back. It's the perfect year round bronzer- light enough for the winter, but it's able to be built up to match your tan in the summer. I sweep this across my hairline, my jawline, and in the hollows of my cheeks for a natural contour. If there's one thing you should purchase from this list, this bronzer would be it! I love it and would never consider another bronzer. 

Tarte Lights Camera Splashes Waterproof Mascara- This mascara is amazing! It has a very watery formula, so it keeps your lashes looking wet and voluminous (rather than dry and crunchy). Not much else to say about it, other than it works and it works well. I alternate this with my Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara (my all-time favorite, seen here) when I want my lashes to hold a curl better. I will say that this mascara does last longer throughout the day compared to the Clump Crusher, which is why I tend to choose it in the summer. Perfect for long days at the beach or pool!

What are your summer beauty essentials?! 

Thanks for reading and see you soon! Xoxo, 
Ashley Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment