Friday, August 21, 2015

Sailboats by the Seashore


I'm back today with an outfit post on something I've worn at least once a week this summer. I picked up this Lilly skort a few weeks ago and have seriously fallen in love! Hands down the best new print they released this summer was the sailboat pattern. I already picked up an agenda, a phone case, and pants in the pattern!  

Yesterday, we visited some friends down at Lavalette beach for the day! The tiny beach town is so cute- little boutiques up and down the road, and the classic Kohr's soft serve ice cream at the top of the street (yum). I was in a bathing suit for most of the day, but after we swam for hours in the ocean it was time to change into actual clothes! I wore this hanging around the house, and back to the beach at sunset for some impromptu photos. The sky was too good to resist!!! I love summer sunsets so much-half my camera roll is pictures of the sky.




Whenever I wear a bright Lilly skirt, I tend to gravitate towards a simple top. White and navy are my go-to colors to pair with Lilly patterns because they'll always look good with any print. Depending on my mood, I go dressier with a polo or blouse, or dress it down with a classic tee. 





Today, I obviously opted to go casual! In my opinion, that's the best way to go. I love this blue tee shirt I've had for years from Loft. The blue pairs perfectly with the skirt!



One other thing: you may notice the flash tattoos all over my body, ha! My sister bought these at the store and brought them to our friend's house. We all had the best time picking out the coolest ones to wear. Now, I would never even consider getting a real tattoo, but this was too fun. Everyone had to drag the sheets of tattoos away from me! I couldn't stop putting them on ;) Even I will admit I went a little crazy... I have 8 on now! But they only last for a few days, so it's ok! 



Shoes were optional!




Thanks for reading and see you soon! Xoxo, 
Ashley Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment