Friday, May 15, 2015

Spring Organization

About once every 4 months I try to do a major project on my bedroom and bathroom. That is, completely decluttering and organizing all the stuff that has piled up through the weeks. Just so happens, that four month rotation has fallen in May, the perfect time to do some "spring cleaning."  I have a lot of stuff to work on! Mainly, my closet (it scares me). I've tried to come up with specific things to do for each area of my bedroom and bathroom so that I don't get overwhelmed. How do you bite an elephant? One bite at a time. 


Closet (#1 Priority): 
-switch out winter & fall clothes with spring and summer 
-re-fold shirts, hang skirts on hangers, put dresses on hangers, fold sweatshirts
-go through sock drawer & throw out old or 1 sock pairs 
-buy matching hangers and convert everything to new hangers 
-organize shoes on shelf 
-order a dresser! (for t-shirts, sweatshirts, pajamas, leggings, pants, socks...) 
-create a "golf section" solely for golf apparel 
-put all the JUNK on the floor into boxes, and bring into attic for storage 
-sort through purses & clean them out 
-organize wallets, purses, and totes into boxes & put on top shelf 

Vanity:
Create three piles 
1. Throw away (too old) 
2. Give to a friend (not my shade/color) 
3. Keep 
-stick loose hair ties & bobby pins in containers 
-gather up hair accessories and organize those 
-go through nail polish drawer and move to bathroom shelf 
2 drawers for hot tools: 
1. Curling irons w/ clamp & straightener 
2. Curling wands, heat gloves, heat protectant, hair spray 
-clean out middle (junk) drawer 
-collect lip balms in clear jar; display on vanity 

Jewelry: 
-untangle necklaces & reassemble on mannequin 
-organize bracelets & donate unwanted ones 
-throw away stray earring backs 
-collect earrings with only 1 pair in a jar and keep in back of nightstand 

Bathroom:
-throw away old skincare items 
-go through hair products 
-display nail polishes on clear acrylic tray 
Storage options
1. Skincare 
2. Hair 
3. Practical (cotton rounds, spare razors, q-tips, toothpaste, spare toothbrushes, makeup remover wipes, deodorant, feminine products)
4. Shower & Body 

Office Supplies: 
-throw out old pens, pencils, markers that don't work 
-set up white board calendar 
-clear up agenda & schedule for the next month 
-file important papers 
-collect school work and put into storage 

Digital: 
-create folders on computer for photos 
-delete unecessary photos & screenshots (guilty) 
-refresh contact list 
-unfollow/unsubscribe to spam emails, twitter accounts, instagram followers 
-update profile pictures & bios 
-update photo albums on Facebook 
-delete old text message threads 
-delete unused apps 


Phew! I think that's everything that I can think of... for now. There's so much that needs to be done, I better get cracking! I haven't organized my life in a really long time... I left it until it got to the absolute worst point. Hopefully, these lists can help some of you create some order in your life! Keep in mind, I don't have to clean the actual house because I live with my family. Only a bathroom and bedroom for me! 

Were any of these tips helpful? 

Thanks for reading and see you soon! Xoxo, 
Ashley Ann 

P.S. My favorite closet organization guide from Pinterest! 











No comments:

Post a Comment