Friday, June 3, 2016

Recent Beauty Purchases


Prom is quickly coming up (next Friday!) and I'm trying to get all of my affairs in order as soon as I can. I'm doing my own makeup this year and I needed to replace a lot of my favorite products, but also try some new ones. I have been looking for a new foundation for a while now, and I think I found the perfect one. I also wanted to pick up a new eye shadow palette because I'm doing a smokey eye as part of my look. Here are a few products I purchased recently that I have absolutely fallen in love with: 


Koh Gen Do foundation // I am literally obsessed with Kylie Jenner's makeup. Now I know I could never pull off everything she does for daily makeup, but for prom it's acceptable to go the extra mile and really spend time on your makeup. My look that I want to do is inspired by a couple of her makeup looks that she posted on her app. Every time I watch one of the videos, her makeup artist uses the Koh Gen Do foundation. I love how it looks on Kylie's skin so I ordered for myself and... it's amazing. It's a water-based foundation so it's totally hydrating and it makes your skin look like just that- skin. It seamlessly blends in with a damp beauty blender and looks fantastic! 



Tartelette Palette // I needed a good matte palette in order to pull off the perfect smokey eye. Now, the lighting is not the best in the picture but I think a flash would have washed out the colors too much. How they are depicted in the picture is how they actually look in real life, on the eyes. I honestly think everyone needs to buy this palette. It quickly became my new daily favorite- if you want to start with an neutral eye shadow palette, start with this one! 



Anastasia Contour Kit // Ahhh, contouring. I go through phases. Sometimes I skip it (mainly in the winter when I'm clearly pale and there's nothing I can do about it), but other times I'm all in. I do like it to look natural though, so this contour kit is perfect for that. I tend to reach for Java the most when I really want to define my cheekbones. I also like how the highlight colors aren't shimmery! 



Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer // This one was another reccommendation courtesy of Kylie Jenner, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Basically, it's two parts highlighter and two parts concealer. I got it in the shade "natural" and I honestly think I could have went with a more radiant option. It does a better job of concealing my under eye circles, rather then brightening the whole are. Also, I didn't realize how thick it was until I started to apply it. The concealer has a paste consistency and is difficult to blend, even with my beauty blender. I'm 50/50 on this one. Maybe I'll do an update later once I've used it a few more times! 

Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick // I purchased this because I read that you can actually use dark foundation to contour your cheekbones/nose. I got the shade "almond." It's pretty dark for my skin, but the foundation blends perfectly to give me a beautiful bronzed glow in the hollows of my cheeks. I also sometimes layer Java from the contour kit on top for extra definition. 

Almay Lipstick // I won't be using this lipstick for prom, but I do love it! It looks very bright but the color is actually a subtle cherry red tint. You can build the product up to be a bright red if you want, but I kind of like that tinted lip balm look. The formula is also very moisturizing. I have dry lips and this helps combat the dry patches I often get if I wear a dry lipstick. 

Sephora Contour Brush // A simple, affordable brush that is easy to use and applies bronzer evenly  onto your face. 

Thanks for reading!

-Ashley Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment