Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Winvian Farm

It's 85 degrees, sunny, and breezy all at the same time. I'm sitting right now in a comfy adirondack chair, drinking a glass of cool ice water while overlooking 3 acres of beautiful gardens. We finally got to to the Winvian Hotel today! I'm so happy to be here, and even though we've only been here since 3, it feels like a lifetime since I was in New Jersey. This resort is honestly one of the most relaxing and serene places I've ever been (I mean, the spa?!). There's birds chirping everywhere, leaves rustling in the cool breeze, and organic gardens all through the 113 acres. We actually managed to push a lot of things into the itinerary today! 

We started the day actually off the resort at a nearby golf course, and played 9 holes. Fairview Farm golf course is extremely beautiful (and public), so I highly recommend to anyone in the area. I wore this adorable Vineyard Vines skort that has been a constant staple of mine since the beginning of summer. The fairway drivers up and down the sides are so cute! (And there's so many pockets!!! It even fits my iPhone 6+ inside). 


After a long 9 holes, a big lunch was necessary. We ate at the Fairview Farm restaurant, and I got a turkey club with fries. The sandwich was literally bigger than my head! 


It was time to head down to the farm for check-in. As soon as we rolled past the charming white picket gates, it seemed like another world. Immediately I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders- this is the first family vacation we've taken in a while! The lobby is so cozy and cute- it feels like the living room of someone's home, not a hotel! The mismatched chairs and tables provide a very laid back aura. 

The cottage we're staying in (Charter Oak) is adorable! A huge white oak tree is the centerpiece of the room- my Dad joked that he was going to try and climb it, haha. 




After putting our stuff away, the first thing everyone did was change into bathing suits and head on over to the pool! I wore my favorite monogram bandeau top, that actually covers quite a bit of your chest area (unlike other skimpy bandeaus). 


I feel like there are no other words to describe this place except for charming and beautiful! The brand new pool is no exception!! The tiny pool house and comfy lawn chairs make for a great afternoon. We spent the time between check-in and dinner just lounging around, reading, and dipping in the perfectly refreshing pool. 


For dinner, we made reservations off property and traveled to the White Horse Pub and Restaurant. I wore my Lilly Jesse skort romper that I can't seem to stop wearing! So comfortable and cute. 




The festive red, white, and blue background of our cottage paired perfectly with my outfit! 




Once dinner ended, we made a random trip to Stop and Shop for some snacks to keep in the cottage. It was pretty hilarious seeing the look on all the locals' faces as we walked through the store in our fancy dinner outfits! (Documented it on my snapchat story!) 

The night ended with a round of pool and shuffleboard in the hotel's lobby. A great end to a great first day! 

Thanks for reading and see you soon! Xoxo, 
Ashley Ann 

P.S. To follow along on the trip, check out my Instagram or add me on snapchat (ashleyann98)

No comments:

Post a Comment