Wednesday, July 1, 2015

My Most Used Apps



There's a select hand full of apps that I reach for on a daily basis that, long story short, I would not be able to live without! I've been wanting to share for a while what apps on my iPhone help me the most (or take away boredom the best). I have a few different ones in the mix here: practical, fun, social media, organizational... Here are my favs! 

Google Calendar // this app honestly changed my entire life and how I schedule things!! I used to use the basic calendar that came with the iPhone, but finally decided to upgrade to the google one after the iPhone one just wasn't cutting it for me. Needless to say, I've never looked back! It helps you plan EVERYTHING. I can put an event into my phone and add: the location, start/end time, invite people to the event through the app, and my personal favorite, add notes! The note section really makes this app stand out from the rest because I can plan everything I need to do for that specific event/task inside the calendar. That way, everything is all together. For example, we're throwing a 5th of July party Sunday. Under this event in the app I have the guest list, menu, stuff that needs to be purchased, and a small list of things that need to be done before the party. Google Calendar is such a simple way of organizing ALL of your plans, I highly reccomended! (That being said, I still do use a paper planner for some day to day things!) 

Sudoku // I may just be a tad obsessed with sudoku. Ever since I was a little kid, I loved attempting to figure out all the little boxes and rows that make up the game. It's therapeutic in a way, because I really have to concentrate to be able to find all the numbers. Even though it's the best to play the paper version, the app comes in close second. It times you, and also shows you how long you can go without messing up or plugging in the wrong number. If I'm bored, I'll pick an extreme puzzle and see if I can get it done in under 20 minutes! The app is great fun, and a great distraction. 

Instagram // Out of all my social media accounts, I think Instagram has to be my favorite. I love this world that's been created, how everyone is able to share bits and pieces of their life with each other. There's nothing better than someone with a beautiful Instagram- they are essentially mini blogs! Instagram has become a way for companies to connect with consumers, and in turn has become a modern networking tool. I scroll through my Instagram feed WAY too much! However, it's a great way to pass the time. 

Check out my Instagram here.

Snapchat // I love snapchat! It's such a fun and fast way to connect with others and share the less glorified parts of your life, unlike Instagram. Snapchat stories are in the moment, instantaneous, and require almost no editing (except for a few cool filters). I feel as if snapchat stories have become an art of their own! I open each and every snapchat anyone sends me, and love to look at other people's stories! Follow me at ashleyann98. 


Notes // A bit of a boring one to end off with, but I love notes! I find myself jotting things down (rather, typing) whenever I need to remember something. An event or date that needs to be scheduled? It goes right into my notes file and saved for when I have the time to put it into my calendar. At the end of every day, I'll go through my notes and determine what needs to be attended to. I love looking back through my old notes- like my blog, it's sort of a mini diary of my life! I know a lot of people carry around a paper notepad and pen to write things down, but I find just typing it into my notes is a lot easier. Believe me, I tried the whole pen/paper thing, but being able to access your thoughts at anytime knocks that out of the park. 

Hopefully you enjoyed reading about my favorite apps! 

What are some of your favorites?! 

Thanks for reading and see you soon! Xoxo, 

Ashley Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment