Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Old Navy!

Old Navy has absolutely changed directions over the years. They started off as a warehouse of sorts, with cheap basic tee shirts and shorts. They slowly began to transition into an affordable preppy brand. Although sometimes it is hard to pick out cute pieces from all the options, I do find some perfect gems from time to time. Tassel smoking flats, white eyelet dresses, quilted vests, plaid swing dresses, and simple button downs have all been great pieces I've found in the past. Whenever I see something I like in JCrew, I can almost always find it at Old Navy for a better price! (meaning, not ridicuously overpriced ;)) Recently, I stopped in for a return and ended up buying a few things.  

Seersucker strapless dress:




This dress is very lightweight. It almost feels like you're not wearing anything! (Which is so nice on those humid 100 degree days). I wore it to dinner the other night in Princeton, and got so many compliments on it!

Pink seashell shorts:



These shorts are charming! The tiny little conchshells all over make for a fun pair of shorts that can be worn all summer. A cute chambray shirt tied at the waist is something I've been pairing with these lately. 

Pixie pants:
Photo via the glitter guide
Love love love these! Blue and white is definitely a trendy color combination for this summer. (Note: not to be confused with navy and white. Those are two totally different things.) The little flowers all over make them fun statement pants. 

Striped yellow flats: 

These were only $15! Old Navy has the cutest little smoking flats. They always come out with ones in such fun and unique patterns. As you can tell from the photo, they are very well loved. Unfortunately, Old Navy does not sell them anymore- I did find a cute navy and white striped pair though if you want something similar.

Brown leather wedges:

These sandals are quickly turning into my favorite summer sandal. I've worn them at least 10 times already since I bought them! They took 2 days to break in (2 very painful days), but totally worth it. Now, they're comfortable enough to walk around town all day. I like how the wedge is very subtle-not so tall that you can't walk, but enough to give short people like me a little height. I  styled them in a blog post a couple of days ago with my new Lilly shorts!

**Update: they keep going back into stock every time they run out. So keep checking! 
I only have one thing to say: Good job Old Navy! 

Thanks for reading and see you soon! Xoxo, 
Ashley Ann 



No comments:

Post a Comment