Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Snapshots


Since I've been missing for quite a while and I'm only just getting back into the swing of things, I thought I would share a bunch of photos from the past few months. Little moments and memories I've shared and experienced!


A beautiful sunset from my backyard in late September


I remember this day being too fun. We went with family friends to the local apple orchard and drank hot apple cider, ate cider donuts, and munched on apples while we picked them! It was the quintessential fall day. 


This was a fall shoot we did that I meant to put on here, but never got around to publishing. I love my blanket scarf from JCrew! 


My best friend and our Dads (switched in this picture!) went to the Eastern State Penitentiary the day after Halloween. Omg, so fun and only a little bit scary. (Wearing: vest // turtleneck // fisherman sweater // leggings // camping socks // bean boots


In mid-November, I went on a mission trip to Guatemala. It was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced- I'd like to go into more detail on a separate post. 


I love when my Aunt Lisa comes over because she always braids my hair perfectly. This was on Thanksgiving, post s'mores by the fire. I have to say, Thanksgiving this year was unbelievably fun. The food was better than ever thanks to my Mom and we got to hang out with my cousins all day. It's always a good time when the entire family is able to get together and share memories. 


And literally the day after Thanksgiving, I was already getting into the holiday spirit! 



We went into the city in December to see the annual Rockettes Christmas Spectacular! It was great as usual and seeing the tree for the first time was magical. Here's what I'm wearing: 
Skirt // Turtleneck // Riding Boots // Cocoon Coat // Scarf (from Paris) // Cable Hat // Bag // Necklace 


Even though the Rockefeller tree is great, my personal favorite is the Four Seasons tree. Every year. The gold and red theme this year looked absolutely amazing. 


Midnight mass is my favorite one to attend out of all the special holiday services. It's a really beautiful Mass with candles and twinkling lights. Obviously, I had to match the ambiance with a tulle skirt and glittery gold top. 



Emily and I went for matching skirts this year. The question is... who wore it better? ;) I can't get enough of the JCrew cable cambridge sweaters this year. They're so soft and comfortable- perfect for layering button downs underneath. I have the grey, navy and red. 


I obviously wore my favorite tartan pajamas on Christmas morning while we were opening presents! 


Every year, we spend Christmas day at the beach with my family. I got to hang out with my little cousin Tyler, who I haven't seen in forever. I seriously love him so much- he makes me laugh so hard whenever we're together. 

'

The day after Christmas called for a long late-morning walk on the beach. It was freezing, but a lot of fun. Max had the best time romping around and chasing seagulls! 


Fairisle Sweater // Jeans // Scarf // Field Jacket // Bean Boots // Camping Socks // Sunglasses (unavailable from JCrew) 


On New Year's Eve, I wore a fun glittery dress that I bought years ago specifically for NYE but never actually wore. It was a last minute party and all of my friends and I got dressed up just for fun! It's always great ringing in the new year looking fabulous. (p.s. I love my new shoes from JCrew Factory!


3 things I cannot get enough of? This pink coat, these sunglasses, and this pom pom hat. All 3 are so cute and look great together, or on their own. 


We stuffed Max into one of my old sailing sweatshirts a couple of weeks ago. Emily and I were on the floor laughing to the point of tears. Max honestly didn't know what to do... still laughing just thinking about it. 


For one of my best friends Claire's birthday, I went into the city with her and her family. We all went ice skating in Central Park- my first time skating in 2 years! I could have stayed for hours. It wasn't too crowded, it was pretty warm, and I picked it back up quicker than I thought I would! (only fell once.) 


Right after ice skating, we walked over to Maison du Chocolat (conveniently right next to the Lilly Pulitzer on Madison Ave). It was seriously the best hot chocolate I've ever tasted. I got the milk chocolate flavor, but even that was insanely rich. I could barely finish half of my cup! If I'm not mistaken, I think they actually melt little bars of chocolate into the drink... ugh. So good. 


I got the notification on Facebook last week that it was the 3 year anniversary of bringing Max home from the pet store! Look at this little guy. Boy, he was adorable. Those paws of his were huge from the start! 


Here's grown Max now (this was taken yesterday as he was patiently waiting to go play in the snow while wearing his fuzzy brown coat). I seriously can't with the outfits we put on this dog. We even got him a bean boot collar and matching leash, ha. 



What's under my nightstand currently. I've really been plowing through the books ever since the new year started! I will say it over and over again- I love reading so much. It lets me to escape into another world for an hour or two, and really calms me down after a stressful day.

Hopefully this abundance of photos gave you a pretty good idea of the fun things I've been up to over the past few months.

Thanks for reading! 

-Ashley Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment