Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Wide Leg Pants


One trend this season that I can't seem to stop thinking about, is wide leg pants and culottes. They instantly make any outfit look ten times chicer- even you're just wearing a tee shirt. I love them with crisp white sneakers or heels! I wanted to try out the trend and decided to pick up an affordable pair at Old Navy. I wasn't sure if I was going to like them, but I ended up falling in love. 




The pants are more of a trouser than culottes, I would say. I wanted to start off with something a little more like a regular pair of slacks. The ankle part is wide, but not enough where it's overly dramatic. Also, I love the length. They end right above my ankle bone, where as most culottes end in the middle of your leg. Of course, I got the pair in a classic navy color. They're pretty true to size, but I would size down if you're not sure. They are a little loose around my waist and thighs. 


Can we talk about this long sleeve tee for a second? I saw it on JCrew's website (they have amazing stuff for spring!) and ordered it right away! I love the fun red, white and blue take on a classic striped shirt. It's really soft and thin, but also not see-through. 



My new mules I just picked up from JCrew Factory are surprisingly very comfortable. When we took these photos, I was walking and standing around for a good hour and my feet didn't hurt (they were of course, freezing cold because it was 30-something degrees out...). I also saw a pair from Old Navy that I wish I had bought before these ones. They literally look the exact same and they're about $20 cheaper! 




Thanks for reading!

-Ashley Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment