Friday, April 15, 2016

Transitioning From Winter to Spring


Every year, I have a hard time choosing outfits during the months of March and April. Those two months are the awkward, in-between months. It's not cold anymore, but it's not exactly sundress weather either! I think I've found a good outfit here in regards to how versatile it is for the spring. 


The key to taking clothes from winter to spring, is pairing winter layers with spring/summer colors. I absolutely adore the Lilly Pulitzer Elsa tops. They fit beautifully on any body type because of the defined shoulders and cinched in wrists. This one that I'm wearing is in one of my new favorite patterns, "Oh Shello." The bright neon colors aren't your typical Lilly pattern, but I love them! These blouses are light and breezy, yet also surprisingly warm because of the long sleeves. I paired a long sleeve (yet summery) blouse with long jeans (again, in a summery white). See how I'm able to make this look fun and bright, while still keeping myself warm? Throwing a trench coat on overtop of this look would also look nice if it was drizzling or just a little bit chillier out. 

The flats I'm wearing from ASOS are sadly no longer available, but I found some similar shoes here, here and here




Can we just talk about my Ray Bans for a second? I purchased them last year and ended up wearing them too many times to count! They are the perfect shape for my face. I have a petite frame and always stayed away from the classic wayfarers because they overpowered the rest of my face and looked huge on me! When they released these extra small frames, I immediately knew I wanted to pick up a pair. The sunglasses are honestly so flattering, and I find myself reaching for them constantly. I can always rely on these ones to go with any outfit that I have on! 


Photos by: Brad Funaki

Thanks for reading! 

-Ashley Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment