Monday, April 4, 2016

April Bucket List



Even though last month was busy, I did get mostly everything checked off on my list! I'm moving the lava cake recipe up to this month; I had no time to bake. I also didn't get a chance to take a pottery class or see a broadway show. However, I did get around to creating a new spring wardrobe- it was really important to me that I organize everything and toss things that weren't working anymore. Cleaning out my closet basically justified all the new clothes I bought for the upcoming months ;) I went up to the beach a couple of times with Max, which was the perfect remedy for college rejections (more to come on that). 

I particularly love this month's bucket list. It's getting me so excited for the warmer months ahead! Spring is the best season for trying new things and spending more time outdoors. Here's what I would love to do this month: 


1. Go to a farmers market- I've been trying to eat healthier lately, and what better timing than when fresh produce starts coming in? I haven't been to a farmer's market since the summer! I would love to spend the morning or afternoon walking around and handpicking fresh fruits or vegetables to incorporate into my meals.

2. Learn more about my camera- I have a Nikon D7000 camera, but don't know too much about it. I've always kept the camera on the utmost basic settings. However, I am starting to think that my photos could have way better quality if I knew more about what all the settings can do. I've slowly been reading some articles on photography and manuals on my specific camera. So far, I've learned about shutter speed, aperture and bringing more light into your photos. I really want to continue to educate myself on this subject, or maybe even take a class! 

3. Pick a prom dress- This one is pretty straightforward. My prom is in June, but I need time to order a couple of options, pick one, and still have time to get it altered if need be.
  
4. Read 3 new books- Reading is always a goal of mine, no matter what month it is. I'm subscribed to the Buzzfeed book newsletter and they're always emailing me great recommendations! I read this article, "Incredible New Books to Read For Spring," and added about 15 new books to my Goodreads account! 

5. Find the perfect straw hat- I love the way straw hats look on everybody. They look beautiful with a sundress, or dressed down casually with jeans or shorts. I'm currently searching for a great hat that will last me a couple of years. Thinking possibly this one or this one? (I also recently bought a panama hat. Not something that I would normally go for, but I'm obsessed.)

6. Eat brunch al fresco- There's this new amazing brunch place by my house that I recently tried. I noticed an adorable outdoor seating area when I went with a friend, but we couldn't sit outside because it was raining. Sunday brunch outside in the sun is just what I need right now.  

7. Create a spring uniform- I was thinking ahead when I ordered new spring clothes. I bought pieces in similar colors and patterns so that I have a universal theme going on. Navy, white, gingham and stripes seem to be what I'm leaning towards this year (or let's be real, all the time). When all the clothes arrive, I'm planning to create at least three solid outfits that I feel 100% confident and comfortable in, so that I always have something to wear. 

8. Have a picnic- We have the best park behind our house with a gigantic open meadow. It actually looks very similar to Central Park! Because I can literally walk right out my backdoor into the space, it's so easy to go on an impromptu picnic. Just waiting and waiting for this weather to get warm (seriously, snow in April? C'mon weather). 

9. Decide on a college!!!- Hands down, this will be (and has been) my number one source of stress. April is going to be a lot of traveling: I'm flying out to Miami next week, South Carolina the next, and then heading to D.C. for three days the week after that. I'm visiting colleges for admitted students days and then (by May 1st), I have to decide on a university. It's actually so scary and so stressful. I'm deciding my future! With that, I know that I'm going to have to get through this sooner or later- I'll be insanely happy when I finally pick a place! 

10. Buy flowers for someone just because- Something simple and sweet that will make anyone happy! 

Thanks for reading! 

-Ashley Ann  

No comments:

Post a Comment