Sunday, April 3, 2016

Things I'm Loving


This month has been absolutely insane. Between my senior trip to Disney, hearing back from colleges, applying for summer jobs and doing a ton of spring cleaning, my life has been pretty busy.

TV shows I'm loving:

The Office // Omg, how I have I never watched The Office until this month? I always knew about the show when it was on, but it didn't really pique my interest. It turns out, the show is absolutely hilarious. The first season is a little tough to get through (not as funny), but the second season really picks up. I actually cried laughing in the injury episode during season two.

Gilmore Girls // When I was growing up, Gilmore Girls was the show that I watched here and there if it was on TV. I knew all the names of the characters and the general storyline, so I really didn't follow it throughout all the seasons. I started watching from the beginning when it popped up on my queue one day and I must say, it's addicting. It's such a sweet show that simply makes you happy. I can definitely relate to some of the things that Rory is going through (i.e. applying to & picking a college).

A new skincare product:

Tatcha Enzyme Powder Cleanser // I picked up the travel size of this at Sephora because I wasn't sure if I would like it. It's amazing! The product is kind of odd- you have to shake out the powder onto your hands and then wet the powder with water. It turns into a milky exfoliant that really helps get rid of all the dead skin on your face.

Fantastic blogs:

The Stripe // I have been living for Grace's posts lately! I can tell she's putting a lot more effort and time into her writing. The posts are longer, more detailed and show more personality. Although her outfit posts are beautiful as always, the lifestyle and advice posts are the ones that really draw me in. Some of my recent favorites include: traveling alone, dating in NYC, and

Covering the Bases // Krista has been doing a "blogging better" series on her website and I'm loving it! She really goes into detail about all the aspects of blogging (even the not-so-pretty parts). Check them out here, here, here, and here.

Kelly In The City // A new to me blog that I've been checking in with every day and really enjoying. Kelly's style is right up my alley, and I think she styles maternity clothes beautifully!

Recent purchases:


Books:

All The Light We Cannot See // It took me a while to get through this because historical fiction tends to wear me down. I put it down halfway through because I wasn't loving it (despite the fact of it being  a Pulitzer Prize winner!) and read Who Do You Love. When I came back to this book, it got so much better and I read the second half in one night! The more I read, the more I realize that it takes me a while to get into a book. Only when I'm around the halfway mark, do I really get to that point where I can't put the book down.

Who Do You Love // Oh, I loved this book. It was the most perfectly imperfect love story. I found myself getting angry at the two main characters, who kept messing up their relationship when they were clearly meant to be together! The book centers around Rachel and Andy, who meet as kids and continue to reunite all throughout their adulthood. It was so good, and shows just how small of a world it really is.

Music:

Mind of Mine // Zayn's new album? Surprisingly good. There are a few songs I could do without, but here are some of my favorites: It's You, Drunk, Wrong, Fool For You, Like I Would and Pillowtalk (obviously).

A couple of links:







Thanks for reading! 

-Ashley Ann 

No comments:

Post a Comment