Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Week In DC

Hello, long time no talk! It's been a while since my last post, because I was in Washington DC for a school trip about a week ago, and then had a ton of work to catch up on. It was part of our junior class trip and I loved every minute of it. The trip was absolutely an amazing experience-we did so many things while we were there, and packed it all into a single week! Since I am still recovering from mono, it was hard to keep up, (I was very, very, very tired) but I had the best time nonetheless. This post might be a little photo-heavy, but that's ok. I want to share it all!

We started off by going to the Capitol for a tour, and then to the Library of Congress. As a book worm, I loved seeing a hundred years worth of books all in one place. They were so beautiful, not to mention the magnificent architecture of the building itself!


Then, we quickly stopped in at the Botanical Gardens for a while. Here's what I wore that day.






It rained most of the time we were there :( You can see the rain droplets on my purse! 


I couldn't resist taking a picture of this super cool cactus!




We went to go see a performance of Shear Madness, a murder mystery play! Super hilarious! I would totally recommend to anyone in the DC area.



Here's what I wore the second day. (bad quality, but)


I finally experienced Shake Shack for the first time. And the verdict is: amazing! They have the best vanilla shakes, and their fries are to die for.


The national cathedral is beautiful every time I visit it, and this time was no exception. I feel like I'm walking through the walls of Hogwarts!


This sweater/skirt combo kept me warm at night.



Of course, I have to take the classic tourist picture.


The Lincoln Memorial is absolutely stunning at night!


It got up to the high 60's one day (and didn't rain!!), which was the perfect chance to style this geometric Jcrew shift dress.


I always enjoy the Teddy Roosevelt park. It's so tranquil. Had to take the classic tourist picture! (again.)


My new friend.



I wore these shoes on one of the fancier days of the trip. I wore them from 8am-10pm and not once did my feet hurt. These are so comfortable! (And cute- I love the nude and block color blocking and since they had bows on them, obviously I was going to purchase them!)



The only two jackets I brought with me on the trip were these:

1//Old Navy Trench Coat- super affordable price! The perfect classic trench, without breaking your budget. It looks so chic not buttoned and tied at the waist, or completely buttoned up with the belt done! This one is a little different from mine, but it's just as cute!




2//Lilly Pulitzer puffer jacket- This might be one of my favorite purchases I've made for the spring season so far! This jacket caught my eye in the store a few weeks ago, but it was sooooo expensive! Thank goodness I decided to hold off purchasing, because when I was strolling past Lilly two days before my trip, I saw the coat 50% off during the sidewalk sale! Yay for me! The perfect navy with a pop of color on the cuffs and on the inside. Unfortunately, you can't get these anymore.


Shop my looks here:

Day 1:
Necklace (searched everywhere, but couldn't find the one I had, sorry!)
Trench coat (similar)

Day 2:
Dress (old)

Day 3:
Oxford (old)
Sweater-I just bought this at JCrew only a week ago and I can't find it online! Maybe it was an in-store thing?

Day 4:
Shift dress
Sunglasses (actually got these from a street vendor in NYC!)
Jacket (similar)

Day 5:


All in all, the trip was so fun. I learned things I would have never had the opportunity to discover by sitting in a classroom. I am already planning a trip back to DC over spring break to look at colleges! (More updates on that later).

Have any of you ever been to DC?

Thanks for reading and see you soon! Xoxo,
Ashley Ann










No comments:

Post a Comment