Saturday, April 23, 2016

48 Hours In D.C.


Thursday afternoon, my family and I headed down to Washington D.C. for a quick college visit & mini vacation. Just what I needed to end the slew of traveling I've been doing lately! I was on a plane for 3 weeks straight this month, so it was kind of nice to take the 3 and a half hour drive up to D.C. I've said it before, but I love taking short weekend trips to cities and cute little towns. There's really not a lot of pressure to do anything too extreme. 

I didn’t take too many pictures on this trip. My phone was away most of the time that we were there, which was nice because I got to unwind a lot! 

Thursday night we had dinner at Cafe Milano on Prospect Street in Georgetown. I ordered this amazing smoked buffalo mozzarella appetizer and got a delicious lemon chicken off the specials menu. When my Dad and I went to D.C. last year, my mom and sister didn't come. We really liked the restaurants we went to the first time, so we wanted to take them to places we knew were very good. Next time I come down, I plan on trying some new spots! 

Our hotel: Ritz Carlton Georgetown. Every time we stay in D.C., we love coming to the Georgetown location of the Ritz Carlton. The hotels are so luxurious and the staff does everything possible to make you feel at home! We love the Georgetown spot because the building actually used to be the garbage incinerator of the city (kind of weird & gross, but you wouldn't know it today). The hotel has a very industrial & modern feel- bricks everywhere and elements of fire added in throughout parts of the building. Below was the hallway leading to the elevator- so cool! 


They also do something really unique every night: homemade s'mores in the lobby! 

Friday, I was touring a college so I didn't have much time to explore the rest of the city. We did stop in for a little bite to eat at Tonic at Quigley's. The outdoor garden seating in the back was adorable, with a great bar & fairy lights strung across the walls. We also couldn’t stop taking pictures of all the beautiful tulips!! Every corner you turned around, there were gardens to be had with really tall and colorful flowers. It was fitting that it was Earth Day! 


We ate once again, at Bourbon Steak, a fabulous steakhouse inside the Four Seasons Georgetown Hotel. I always get the 8 oz. filet mignon, and it’s seriously amazing! They also bring out little complimentary french fry samplers before your meal, which is something really unique to this restaurant. Here's what I wore to dinner: 


After dinner, the Vineyard Vines store was still open, so of course I had to stop in and pick up a few things. I bought this straw clutch, this scarf, this top and this white skirt

Emily and I snapped this picture after we left the store, haha. 


We slept in the next day and headed home! It was a fun weekend with good food, shopping and memories out on the town. 

Thanks for reading! 

-Ashley Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment